Thursday, July 5, 2007

The return of my salad days: Life starts at IMT Nagpur

It is said that moments make memories and some memories do live with you for the rest of your life. My first day at IMT will be one such day that will remain etched in my memory for the rest of my life. When I left Mumbai for the first time in 23 years, my heart was filled with mixed emotions, leaving behind your family, friends, and going into unknown place, out of the comfort zone. I was cognizant of the fact that IMT N is a new college but I also knew it had a strong brand name attached to it. When I entered the college gate I was struck with awe and admiration for the infrastructure it had in place. I heard the chirping of birds as if they were they were telling me “ Jay welcome to this new world. Hope you have a wonderful 2 year stay at IMT”.
Then as the day passed and I started to settle down, I was told that a “healthy interaction” will take place between seniors and juniors, well I just discovered another meaning of ragging. We were given certain instructions that we had to follow or else face serious consequences. Well for some strange reasons I was pretty ebullient of this entire thing. After having worked for 2 years in corporate world and being back to college life, ragging did appear a puerile activity but I wanted to see how it goes. With all earnest the “healthy interaction” began and to be honest some activities were preposterous to say the least. The juniors were scared to hell and seniors enjoyed every bit of it. But at the end of the day it was fun.
Lectures started and all of us were bubbling with loads of enthusiasm and just getting back to my books makes me really feel that my salad days are back. Assignments, projects, case studies phew!! and the list just keeps on increasing. So here it is a brief summary of my first few days at IMT N. I really hope I can collect as many sweet memories as I can from the 2 year stay I will be having here, so that 20 years down the line when I will be sitting in my balcony with my wife and kids, I will be telling them that these were the “BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE”.

2 comments:

The Neverknown said...

hey...damn cool. good to know ure liking it out there. cheers.

Unknown said...

u seem 2 have got senti 4 ur new coll really soon yaar!!!! hehehehe