Monday, June 4, 2007

Life and times at 2nd floor south tower east wing

It is said that change is only constant thing in life and that reality bites hard. When my group left the department I realized these emotions. We were group of 8 people and all boys or should I put men, and I was the youngest among them. Our daily routine involved drinking tea at 10am, going for lunch at 12:30 pm, going for snacks at 5 pm and yes we found time to work also. The fun and frolic we had was unmatched and our group was the soul of our department. It was the most affable group where none of the member had an attitude. Today when I look back at those 2 years I only smile but somewhere down the line there is a sense of grief too. It is hard to accept that Iam alone now in my cubicle and when I turn around to see who all are there I find nothing but empty seats. I am going to miss all those preposterous talks, the puerile comments and yes being the youngest I got far more attention than I desired but I am not complaining, copious advice from everyone as to how handle boss and my career. I am also going to miss how we pulled each other’s leg all the time, the feedback session and yes the drinking session which use to be convivial gathering of sorts and the bitching session we had everyday without fail. We shared our sorrows, our angst, our laughter and today I don’t have any one to share anything, seats have become empty, life is there but soul is missing, I need to move on in life and so are my other colleagues. No one knows how our life is going to shape up, some of us may move to different company, someone will head to some or the other department, some may go abroad but one thing is for sure we will always think of these 2 years as the most memorable times of our life. The ruckus is missing, the chirpiness is missing, the bitching is missing and life too is missing and now life will never be the same again at second floor south tower east wing.

P.S. South tower second floor east wing is the place where I sit in my company.

No comments: