Monday, April 21, 2008

The Year that was- Time to acknowledge

March 28, 2008 marked the end of my first year at Imt Nagpur. I have to admit one thing without using over the top adjective that it was a very interesting year. During this past 1 year saw both ups and downs, happiness n sadness both personally n professionally. I have learnt some important lessons.

Lesson number 1: Too much stress is harmful. I realized that when in my i had a stroke of blood pressure for the first time in 24 years. Guys nothing is more important than ur own health. Take care of that and everything else will fall in place.

Lesson number 2: Don’t be too nice to everyone. Not everybody deserves your time and effort, spend your time and effort only with people who are worth.

Lesson number 3: Control your anger; or else you may end up hurting someone

Lesson number 4: Communicate, say whatever u want to say clearly n frankly...its important to make yourself heard

Lesson number 5: Give up your ego....its nothing but an illusion u have.

Lesson 6: take criticism with a pinch of salt....i realized 1 thing when people criticize u, it means u r progressing, u r being noticed isn’t it? Nobody kicks a dead dog. And when it is constructive criticism, analyse it and work on it. It will help.

And this blog wont be complete before i say a word of thanks to all those people who have stood by me during da past 1 year and my life in general

Kunal: one of my oldest friend whom i knw for past 17 years, has been wid me throughout my ups n downs in my life and this year was not different. Advised me time and again on many issues. Thanks dude for being there.

Prachi: A girl who always makes me realize that life is meant to be lived to da fullest. She is one gul wid whom i speak complete nonsense widout worrying too much and guess what wen it comes to talkin nonsense she is worse than me. But have to admit she has given some of da most practical advices that i have ever received which i don’t follow neways....ur a sweetheart n a friend for life...thanks

Zainab: My first female friend who got married, haven’t met more emotional girl than her, but an angel who has a golden heart, has stood by me through thick and thin, has those maternal instints....thanks to u dear

Namita: 5 years elder to me and has the looks of Julia roberts....Whenever i don’t follow her advice i invariably find myself in trouble... a real sweetheart and an excellent friend who can make me laugh even when im low, but nowadays its other way round...thanks a lot dear

Dimple: A powerhouse of energy which flows in all possible directions, but not in 1 direction, can talk non stop but has a certain kind of charisma that can sweep men of their feet...but hey guess what she is friend par excellence and can stand for her friends, U simply rock dimple..just be like that always coz ur enthusiasm is infectious...cheers!!

Samson, Lancy, Ajay,Durgesh,Deepak, Aarti(My ICICI friends): These guys were like guiding light to me throughout my days at ICICI. Sam, lancy, ajay, deepak they all adviced as to how go about my work, how to handle people at work and much more. We all had a blast of a time and my own attitude towards work was shaped by these guys. In a corporate world where people are after your ass to get that much coveted promotion, these people always supported me in whatever I did. Can't imagine what my life would have been in ICICI if these guys were not around. Thanks Guys, u really rock. Aarti, we joined together at ICICI and till date we are in touch, a kid by nature but sometimes can speak in a very mature manner. We keep on advising each other on how to handle life, but cant manage our own life. Thanks dear for being there.

Now time to say thanks to people close to me in college

My roomie (Sudhanshu): has seen my anger n crazy ways i behave sometimes. Also has the privilege to see my mood swings, which will put any girl to shame(pun intended!!). Has been wid me all da time through my ups n down at college....guess i don’t know what would have i done if he wasn’t there...thanks brother for being there

Anumeha: knows many of my secrets, so i have to keep her happy else my secrets may leak out someday..lolz..a fiercely loyal buddy which is as good as asking for moon these days...thanks buddy for being there.

Nimai: the weirdo of my college....flirts really well wid guls but Im better than him..lol...a true friend whom u can rely on.

Neeraj: one of da rare specie who is humble and so v down to earth, inspite being a topper of da class. Some1 whom u can rely on quite easily and has a really big heart.

Swati: Somehow i am inspired by the zest for life she dislplays... a figure to die for, i admire the way she cracks some weirdest jokes...v chirpy n naughty at times...but thats wat i like abt her...her ability to make pple laugh n easily the jaan of our cic

I wish to thank my parents for being a constant support to me and no matter how much i care for them i will always be indebted to them. And last but not da least My God wid out whom this journey of life wouldn’t have been possible, He cant come down but He has sent some angels down here to take care of me.....

P.S. There are many other people whose name I could not take, but who have helped me in many ways and are equally important to me, Ashray(know him since 1st standard), Sushma(know her since 9 years), Neha, my other CIC friends etc etc . Thanks to all of you for being there.

13 comments:

The Neverknown said...

i'm honoured to find my name in mention. by all means, i'll be stickin around. i'll also be around to kick ur er.. rear end hard if u do stupid stuff like overstressing urself. we've known each other decades but hell, we're still just getting started

Unknown said...

Hey Jay,

You are one person who keeps on surprising people every now and then. I every time say this to people that you are not what you appear on the surface and this man is much deeper than his wierd jokes.

Anyway it's always good to write such piece of acknowledgements for people who matter to you.

All The Best for yet another year at IMT and life ahead.

Khushboo said...

Sorry Jay,

Yeh upper wala comment mera hai.....
I was using priyanka's ID as we were working together and by mistake i sent it by that ID only...
It's not Priyanka.

Khushboo said...

Hey Jay,

You are one person who keeps on surprising people every now and then. I every time say this to people that you are not what you appear on the surface and this man is much deeper than his wierd jokes.

Anyway it's always good to write such piece of acknowledgements for people who matter to you.

All The Best for yet another year at IMT and life ahead.

Anonymous said...

To the Neverknown: thanks buddy...yeah it was one of those days where stress levels were pretty high..but neways did manage it...but temme 1 thing i didnt understand "we're still just getting started"..thoda confused hun is bare mein

The Neverknown said...

ever-evolving, never-stagnant
the kind of comfort that even if uve been out of touch with a friend for two years, you treat each other like ud met two weeks ago

Anonymous said...

salaam readers!

there is sth about this guy which is really worth boasting. i feel gr8 to b his roommate.

i nvr used to like reading blogs (unless forced...u kno dat jay!)...but this guys writes well.

gud to kno he's learning...n y not! afterall he has his mentor in his room.

good work boy...stay gud!

Anonymous said...

jay, u kno wats the best part of this blog...it makes me feel dat u hav learnt to find a silver lining behind the dark clouds...dats d way dude!

Unknown said...

Jay,you value people, and this makes me value you as a friend all the more!
It so happens that we forget to thank and appreciate people who matter to us the most, in quest of being good to the unknown...and you, my dear friend, show an exceptional quality of defying this human law,which is greatly acknowledged.
Should I lose this opportunity to say the same to you? Naaaaaaaaaa....
Thanks Jay, you are the sweetest friend ever:)

Unknown said...

hey jay,
i at last read ur blog n ur a sweetheart n u've always told me wat u felt abt me at all times being frank n expressive. not all ppl r like dat n i'm glad ur unlike those. n yes hahaha... u said truth abt i can talk more nonsense den u can!!!!!!!! ur a g8 guy n always b like dat...

Unknown said...

Hey Jay .... Thats an absolute treat to read your blogs .... Well u r one lucky dog to have such good peopel around you, You value friendship and that makes you sooo special ,.,,, Stay like this forever

Unknown said...

Kamine...kahan se flirt dikhta hun main tujhe. Ruk ja teri coll main khabar leta hun!!!

Anumeha said...

one should make friends, luv them, acknowledge them...but never depend on them...

n i think u have learned that..

n nah..i dont think i have ne secrets worth discussing... lol..

thanks..